Here’s a terrific study from Singh, et al.
- endosomal toll-like receptors(TLRs)impair wound healing because of their inflammatory and neurotoxic roles
- the investigators analysed the expression of TLR7 and TLR9 in 84 type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM) wounds and 6 control wounds
- TLR9 and TLR7 were up-regulated in wounds of T2DM cases compared with the control wounds
- expression of endosomal TLRs varied with wound grade, infection and gender of the cases
- functionally truncated TLR9 was found in wounds of T2DM cases contrary to the controls