The National Diabetes Education Program, an initiative of CDC and the National Institutes of Health, provides several Web pages and publications with helpful information on foot care and diabetes care:
- The booklet Take Care of Your Feet for a Lifetime, also available en español, tells how to avoid foot problems.
- 4 Steps to Control Your Diabetes. For Life. This booklet helps people with diabetes understand, monitor, and manage the disease to stay healthy. It is available in English, en español, and in 18 other languages.
- Feet Can Last a Lifetime: A Health Care Provider’s Guide to Preventing Diabetes Foot Problems.
CDC’s Division of Diabetes Translation offers more resources:
- What should I do on a regular basis to take care of my feet? lists simple care steps.
- Chapter 9. Foot Problems, from the book Take Charge of Your Diabetes, provides more information on care and learning the warning signs of foot problems. en español.